Friday, September 30, 2011

Nokia 303 Spotted at Nokia Store! Playing Angry Birds?

Yesterday I was browsing some games at the Nokia Store. After some time, I checked out if Angry Birds for Symbian has already got the 1.6.3 update. Yes, it is. But something wrong distracted me. Typically, the Angry Birds series game for Symbian would have an installation size of about 20-40MB. But I found one Angry Birds entry on the search results which is only 1.84MB in size. Odd! It costs $0.99 and it does not have any reviews when I viewed it yesterday. I thought to myself, someone will be losing out their 99 cents as I thought it might just be an error on Nokia's side when updating the game and might have duplicate entries. I checked it again, just now. And it already has one 5-star review! I checked the review and to my surprise, the person who wrote it downloaded and installed on an unannounced and mysterious Nokia 303. At first, it cannot be possible. A Nokia phone in the 300 lineup couldn't be a Symbian phone. I Googled the keyword Nokia 303 and I ended up on Jay's post at MyNokiaBlog. Nokia 303 is an S40 phone and say what? It can play Angry Birds!

So there is two main news here. A Nokia 303 prototype unit was used to download Angry Birds at Nokia Store. The person who downloaded it is located somewhere at Finland. :)
Lastly, Angry Birds is coming to S40! S40 users celebrate! Users who have an S40 phone, please verify it and kindly provide us some screenshots if you have already downloaded it.

Oh. Angry Birds on a Nokia 303 = Touch phone? Capacitive touch screen? MULTITOUCH? :)

Like this post? Spread the word!

You can also get updates on your e-mail


2 comments:

If you stereotype S40 devices..One Nokia 6151 cannot definitely play Angry birds cause that's an old version. Nokia C3-00 is an S40 as well with QWERTY keyboard, so I say it can't play as well. So last, an example of an S40 device with a Touch and Type capability is C2-03 which I think is the same as the alleged Nokia 303 that "may" run the said and particular game from Nokia Store. Looking forward and we'll see..=)

I guess Nokia will start introducing S40 devices with capacitive touchscreen. :)

Post a Comment