Hi all. This tutorial is for the Windows Phone users there that lives on a country not currently being supported on the Windows Phone Marketplace. This is the case for me here in the Philippines. So without any further ado, here's the steps.
1. If you haven't created a Windows Live account, click here to create one. If you already have an account, click here (sign-in required) and follow the next steps.
2. Choose "United States" on the Country/region field.
3. Set-up your profile, account info, and any other stuffs that you want to add.
4. Once you have your Windows Phone, turn it on for the first time, and set-up everything.
5. If you're not asked to add your Windows Live account in the first time set-up, open Settings, then tap email+accounts, and then add your Windows Live account.
6. Launch Marketplace. Now this is where the very important step comes in. When you're asked to select your country, choose "United States"! If you have skipped this step then you will not have an access to the Marketplace!
7. The country that you will choose will be locked permanently on your Windows Live account, that's why I asked you to also choose "United States" when creating a Windows Live account.
8. That's it! Enjoy the Windows Live services on your Windows Phone. :)
By the way, even if the country is set to United States, you can go and try buying an app on your phone using your credit/debit card issued here in the Philippines. According to some sources, it works.
With this tutorial, you will also have access to other Windows Phone features that is only available at the supported countries.
Microsoft, please expand your services to many more countries! Windows Phones are now officially available here in the Philippines but the services are not! That sucks, ya know?