Friday, December 23, 2011

Unboxing: Nokia Lumia 800; First Impressions


I just got my hands on the twin of the Nokia N9... Introducing, the Nokia Lumia 800! Welcome to the Philippines! You don't know how much I am excited to get my hands on this! And now, just as what I do when I receive a phone, the unboxing!


The shape of the box of the Nokia Lumia 800 is just almost the same on the retail box of the N9 and X7. But the design of Lumia 800's box is quite different. It has a panoramic image of the device spread on the sides of it. Let's just take at the photos, they'll speak for themselves, shall we? :)



Fun thing to note here. This sticker usually contains the IMEI, and many other 'numeric' stuffs here, but I stumbled upon a text that reads "NOKIA WORLD 2011". I think Nokia wants people to remember on when did this phone was announced. Nokia World 2011 is probably a milestone for them. :D


Pretty much the same with the N9 and X7, the device will greet you first once you've slide it open.


The Lumia 800... Yum! The Lumia 800 has the same design as the N9. When I say the same, it is exactly similar.



Whilst the N9 did not have a physical camera shutter key, Microsoft lists it as a requirement. So Nokia has added one. The volume keys, power key, and the camera key is not as lousy as the ones on the N9. I wonder what happened on the N9. Or maybe it's just on my review unit.


Another difference between the Lumia 800 and the N9 is the relocated dual-LED flash. The LED flash of the Lumia 800 has been moved to the top of the metal strip that houses the camera module.


Also same with the N9, the Lumia 800 comes with a matte case.


Bunch of papers here. Well it's just the User Manual and the Product and Safety Information, just in different languages.


This is the what you will see inside the box of the iPh... I mean the Lumia 800... A charger, a USB cable, and the headset.


The Nokia Fast Charger AC-16, but just a different variant as on what I got with the N9. Silly me. LOL.


The Nokia Charging and Data Cable CA-185CD. Just hook it up with the charger and you're good to go.


The Nokia Stereo Headset WH-902. The number has been bumped by 1 from the headset of the N9.


First boot! I love the ClearBlack display! Blacks are black! And the glass is curved as on the N9. Excellent job Nokia!


And, an overview of what's inside the box. I can't believe everything fits in that small box.

I will be reviewing the Lumia 800 in the coming weeks along with the N9, 700, and 500. Watch out for my reviews!

The Nokia Lumia 800 is not yet available here in the Philippines, but it is expected to be released here early next year. To know more about the Nokia Lumia 800, please click here.

A special shout-out and thank you to Nokia for providing us this review unit! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D
  
UPDATE: Widget City is now selling the Nokia Lumia 800 for only P23,500, just in case you're itching to get one early.

Like this post? Spread the word!

You can also get updates on your e-mail


9 comments:

sir what is your estimated price on this? thanks..

This is not yet available here in the Philippines. But my estimate is around P23,000-25,000.
Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________

Windows Phone is the future of Nokia! Nice! I'm jealous! :))

Where did you purchase this phone, sir?

Hi Ron, this is just a review unit. But you can get one from Widget City for only P23,500. :) http://www.widgetcity.com.ph/product/mobile-phone/nokia/nokia-lumia-800

I see. Thanks. I was actually wondering if this was bought in Singapore because that was my initial plan. And I dunno if all features would work here in the Philippines. How is your experience with this phone so far?

Yes most features works here in the Philippines. The Windows Phone Marketplace was recently launched here too, so there's more reason to buy this phone. Only thing I hate is the lack if proper maps data on Bing Maps, but then, Nokia Maps is there. :)

Thanks. I'm tempted to buy this phone but I'm also thinking if I should wait for the Lumia 900 international version. And there's the Osborne effect from the announcement of Windows 8, too. >.<

Post a Comment