Sunday, July 21, 2013

How to redeem your Globe Rewards at partner stores to get free items

IMG_20130714_203227

When Globe unveiled their revamped loyalty rewards program last May, I got really excited to try it out mostly because they made it very easy for anyone to use and spend their points that they earned. Globe prepaid subscribers earn points for every top up they make while those who are on postpaid get points based on how much they are billed each month.

Last week, my brother asked me if I wanted to watch Despicable Me 2. And because those minions are so cute, I said yes, why not. I told him why don’t we try to use our Globe Rewards points and share his (and my lola’s) to me. Knowing that the cinemas will be probably packed with the crowd, I fired up my laptop and checked the schedule and seat availability for the said movie on SureSeats.com, Ayala Malls Cinemas’ online website for ticket reservations. After seeing that only one cinema is allotted for the movie and that only one timeslot with few seats is available and not knowing if SureSeats accepts Globe Rewards, I immediately proceeded to reserve two.

We went to Trinoma a few hours early and lined up. I asked the teller if they accept Globe Rewards for SureSeats reservations and, lo and behold, they do! The teller presented me the instructions to pay for the tickets which is really easy. I made sure first that I already have enough points by texting BAL to 4438 before I paid.

IMAG0033

For the actual payment, I simply texted <BUY> <NUMBER OF MERCHANT> <POINTS> and sent it to 4438, as shown in the above photo. I then got our tickets, yay! It’s easy as that. Take note that I don’t recommend saving the merchant’s phone number as it could change, who knows. I’ve also included the minimum points required that you should spend at a specific merchant below.

Minimum Points to Spend
Ayala Malls Cinemas - 100 points
Figaro Coffee Company - 50 points
Wendy's - 50 points
Enchanted Kingdom - 100 points
Rose Pharmacy - 50 points
Sunglass Hut - 300 points
Petron - 50 points

We left and roamed around the mall as we wait. We got ourselves some snacks at Wendy’s because we still had enough points.

IMG_20130714_213407

That’s it. Redeeming your accumulated Globe Rewards points is that easy. What’s really cool is that one point is equivalent to 1 peso, you really get the most out of your points! You can also split the payment and add cash if your points are not enough (e.g. 150 points + P50 for a P200 movie ticket). My only gripe is that when texting the command, one could mistype the number of the merchant and send their points to someone else. They could give the merchants an NFC terminal of sort and pair them with an app on our smartphones with NFC or a physical card that is linked to our mobile numbers for those who don’t have such phones.

Globe Rewards is accepted by the following merchants: Ayala Malls Cinemas, Figaro Coffee, Wendy’s, Enchanted Kingdom, Rose Pharmacy, and Sunglass Hut. KFC and Petron will be added soon according to their website. For more info, just visit the Globe Rewards website.

Like this post? Spread the word!

You can also get updates on your e-mail


0 comments:

Post a Comment